Will Santa be visiting your house this year? Time to sort out the short stuff!
This week, we focus on kids' rooms for deep-cleaning, decluttering and organizing so that there's room to spare for holiday gifts.
Our holiday prep assignments include assembling freezer meals, working on hand-crafted gifts, and continuing to buy gifts and holiday supplies.
Ready? Let's get organized with the Holiday Grand Plan!
Cleaning/Organizing Area: Children's Rooms
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Check smoke detectors and clean them, change batteries if needed.
- Make "goody basket" for guest bath, from samples found in abundance in stores right now.