Guest rooms ready for holiday guests? They will be, after we tackle them during Week Seven of the Holiday Grand Plan: Guest Room Week!
This week, we deep-clean, organize and prepare for overnight guests.
In holiday prep, we keep plugging away on gifts, whether to-make or to-buy. Decor alert: Halloween is coming!
Ready? Let's get organized with Guest Room Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!
Cleaning/Organizing Area: Guest Room
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
Decorate for Halloween:
- If you decorate mainly with a fall harvest look, then a few Halloween things can make it for Halloween. After October, replace the Halloween decorations with Thanksgiving things for a minimum of work.