Week Eight sees us down and dirty in the heart of the home: the kitchen. It's Kitchen Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!
This week, we'll clear the decks for the holiday cooking to come with a kitchen clean-up and declutter. Routing out the year's dirt and disorder gives us a fresh, clean start for holiday cooking to come.
In holiday prep, it's Checkpoint Week and time to make plans for Halloween night.
Ready? Let's get organized with Kitchen Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!
Cleaning/Organizing Area: Kitchen
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
Checkpoint Week! Evaluate Your Progress:
- If unable to find an item for a person on list contact them or their family for ideas.
- If a homemade gift is not going well, set it aside for after Christmas and decide on another gift.
- Buy pumpkin for Halloween.
- Review costume plans with children.