Week Eleven, Garage/Storage Week, at the Holiday Grand Plan gets us into garage and storage areas.
The waning days of Autumn are a good time to rout out household storage areas, so we're ready to access extra tables, chairs and seasonal decorations. Cooler--but not yet cold--weather eases the job, and we'll feel good knowing that storage areas are clean and prepared for winter cold.
In holiday prep, we look ahead to the Thanksgiving meal, and see to the family's holiday clothing.
Ready? Let's get organized with Garage Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!
Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area: Garage
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Review and revise menus and other plans.
- Plan table setting
- Plan centerpiece, make as much as possible now (or order it from florist).
- Reserve any items needed to be borrowed or rented.
- Get everyone's holiday clothes purchased/cleaned/pressed.